Friday, May 15, 2009

My New Love, My New BMW!



So finally, finally, finally, I got a car!!!! Yay! I have been waiting for this day. The last few days have given me so much anxiety regarding my car hunt!

It all started few months back, when I felt that a car was necessary. I was then contemplating which car to buy. Initially, I thought that I'll look for a Honda or a Toyota. Then I realized that with the car freak I am, I don't think I would enjoy them so much. (I just love driving) So that's when I started to consider premium cars. I narrowed down my options to a BMW 3 series, Mercedes Benz C320 and the Infinity G35.


So then, which one to go for finally? I basically had 2 important requirements for the car. One, it should have a good engine and two, it should have a good music system. I thought the BMW 3 series beat the other two in these aspects. So I finally decided to buy the BMW 3 series.

Last week was full of car hunt! From craigslist to dealers, what not to get the best deal. A big Thank You to AS, SS and GT for helping me out in the process. Finally, on Wednesday, May 13, 2009, I purchased my car. And O my, what an excitement:) My first car!


I have already driven about 125 miles(that's about 200km) in the past 2 days. On Wednesday, the first person to be my guest was AS. We went out for dinner. Then at night, I took KB and SS for frozen yogurt. After that, SS and I went out for a short drive to test my music system! We played the music in full blast! It was so much fun. I started to feel the youth in me again. Then past 1am, GT and I again went out for a drive.

Thursday morning, I did all the registration and insurance work for the car. Phir, I took the car for a car wash. It was good. They even shampooed the leather seats! Now I need to install an auxiliary kit in the car for my iphone music.

Today, we plan to take the car to the temple and then drive to SF for dinner. Hehe, all I want to do is drive drive drive. The only thing missing is a cute pretty girl by my side in the car... lol! I hope I don't get over-excited in the process. I know this is just the initial nasha of mine which would go away soon. But then, that's ok. Let me at least enjoy these initial excitements!


It's Friday morning and the first thing I did after waking up is write this entry. I haven't even brushed my teeth yet! So I think I should carry on with my chores now :) I hope and pray that everyone riding in this car be safe. And may God give some gyaan to the driver to drive sanely. :)

PS: Incidentally, I inspired someone else to buy a BMW too :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! CONGRATSSS!! It looks beauuuuuutiful!!! I know how much this means to you...wish you all the best for a new member in your life...I hope it makes up for all odds...Happy Driving, and be safe :)

    ReplyDelete