So the first month of this year, I took this Art of Living course. I never used to find such courses credible enough. However, after a suggestion from a friend, I thought why not give it a try. After all, nothing to lose.
It was a 5 day course, each day extended 3-4 hours. Apparently, this is what they claim one would learn,
* Practices that heal and harmonize the body, mind, and spirit
* Skills for handling negative emotions and situations
* Practical wisdom for improving work and relationships
* Insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions
* Stretching and low-impact yoga for health, circulation, and body stillness
So what is my take on it after completing the course? It did have some positive effects (even if those were very minimal). The course really made me aware of one very important aspect of my being - my breath. It was really interesting to be very conscious of my breath. Did I benefit from all what they claim? Probably not. However, it may be really person specific. I def. would encourage people to try it out.
The best part of the course was the community service which we performed. We were able to raise about $750($1500 total after our amount was matched by a charitable organization) for the earthquake victims in Haiti (in just 2 hours). :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment