So finally it's my birthday! ... and I turn 25! 25!!!! O gosh, I feel old!
My birthday went quite nice. The previous night (i.e. 25th) was SA's birthday, so that evening, we went out for dinner with friends. SA and I decided that we would treat them. The food was really good (there goes my gymming!). After dinner, we had about 2 hours before the clock struck 12! We walked a little bit in downtown SJ before we rushed backed home. It was obvious that these folks had something up their sleeves for my birthday and I did not even pretend to act ignorant.
At midnight, all my friends gathered at my place. The feeling of hearing knocks on my door was just so blissful. They got the most awesome ice-cream cake till date. People were hesitant to apply it on my face so that they can eat the most out of it, lol! However, having said that, AS and DB took their revenge and decorated my face with cake quite appropriately.
Uske baad, I started to unpack the gifts:). I was so excited. Even though I turned 25, the child in me still remained. I got t-shirts, key-chain, american football(i dont know why i got that since i never played tht sport..lol),etc,etc.
Apart from these, my friends made a special blog for me on my birthday. Many people left birthday messages on that blog. That was something I did not expect at all! It was really special. SS made my bday even special by making a very sweet video of the good memories in the past few years. I never felt so important in recent times:)
After the gift opening ceremony, everyone started sharing their thoughts about me. This has been the tradition over here in our birthdays, where everyone would talk about what they feel towards the birthday boy/girl. And needless to say, I was flattered to hear what all I heard!..lol!....
My friends left around 1-2am in the morning. Uske baad, I went to my room and opened my parents gift. They had packed gifts for me when I had come to M in March. They were like,"open it on your birthday" lol! There were quite a few gifts from them..tshirt, shirts, perfumes...:) It was really nice!
Next day (the actual day of my birthday), I woke up early around 10ish. Spent the morning with myself. In the evening, DB,TA,AS and I went out for dinner. I treated them (which was a surprise to them :) since they were planning on treating me..). We ended my birthday by going to a club. Had a good time there. Danced and danced and danced...
On the whole as I look back, I think this birthday has been one of the better birthdays in the past 2 years. I did wish certain people were with me on my birthday. Khair...jo bhi....
Happy Birthday Anshu!
Btw, I think a birthday is as special to the mom as it is to the child..it was on this day that she gave birth to her child...so Ma...I love you loads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment